Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week 2: MOCA (kheng2013)


On the MOCA website (Museum of Computer Art), Yvonee Mous was an artist I chose for this week. There are so many artist on this site and each of them have their own unique taste. From her gallery, she had quite a few displays of her artwork, but the image called "Clair" stuck out to me more. It reminds me of some of the places that have beautiful chandlers and the cool light effects. It intrigues me how light refracts just by the different surface of glass. The glass may be clear, but the shape and size has a major effect on the light refraction. Yvonne Mous mentions that she was captivated by the first time she saw fractals and adds that the "shapes, movements, rhythms and colours in fractals never cease to fascinate me. Strange and still recognisable. Fractals touch on life itself." She doesn't mention how she created her work, but it did require computer technology. She has more information on her website and it would be helpful to understand the artist a little more, but unfortunately I don't understand Dutch. Below is the image:

Clair


Yvonne Mous: "Fractals touch on life itself."


2 comments: