Friday, January 18, 2013

Week One Luca Cervini




Luca Cervini was born in Merate, Italy in 1983.  He studied in Milan; where he earned his diploma in graphics in 2003 with advertising design as a specialty.  Luca used the computer to create digital art.  This piece of art I choose is titled, The Painter of Emotions.  I love how the artist shows a man faceless painting faces of different emotions.  As people view this piece of work they might see a man of many different faces.  However, others may view this piece as a man trying to find the right emotions to display on his face. 

This surreal piece of art may appear as a sad piece of work with a deep element of emotion.  Even though this piece of are can appear gloomy, it could also be seen as a man that is in peace within himself because he is in touch with all of his emotions.  I believe the glory of art is that you are free to interpret the piece how you see fit…What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. WAS SURE i ALREADY COMMENTED... NICE CHOICE FOR YOUR ARTIST THIS WEEK. NICE REFLECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. "I believe the glory of art is that you are free to interpret the piece how you see fit." I felt he was trying to making a change in life, but unsure of which way to turn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also used this photo in one of my MOCA postings. When I saw it, I felt it was as if we have a choice every day as to "what face to choose". I do believe that our attitudes have a huge impact on what our days are like...that is why I always try to wear my happy face. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three faces and one head; it's cool and funny..

    ReplyDelete