Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 1 - MOCA



The picture that I chose is the “Fire Flower” by Pam Amos
This picture caught my eye because her flower looks like it is made of flames of fire.  The color scheme is absolutely beautiful.  The shadow on the bottom of the picture makes it look like it is a glare over water.  According to Pam Amos, she has been painting for the past 20 years.  Her work is extremely creative.  She created this picture using Apophysis and Photoshop digital software.  To see more of her amazing work, visit her website at http://pamamos.redbubble.com/

3 comments:

  1. Nice Johanna... I like the radial symmetry she employs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture as well. The inner part of the flower reminds me of fireworks exploding over water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like 2 of earth's greatest elements: fire and water; cool..

    ReplyDelete