Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 7: MOCA (kheng2013)



MOCA website (Museum of Computer Art)

For this week’s MOCA assignment, I chose a piece called “Fractal Flores” or “Lace Petals.” Strangely, this art piece reminds me so much of an action-packed cartoon called “Dragon Ball Z.” Though the cartoon was based on the supernatural power and fighting, and had nothing to do with flowers, the flames from the show remind me of the fiery looking petals. The common colors for fire are yellow, orange, red, and blue. Though the flower is purple and green with elements of blue, it still looks like fire. I like how the background is dark; the contrast of the other colors really make the lighter colors pop out. What is really cool about this artist is that she is a “self-taught artist” and has done this for 20 years. Her name is Pam Amos; she mentions that: “I work with a variety of media and tools, including molten, pigmented wax, pastels, acrylics and digital media.” This image looks like it has been computerized and combined with a lot of brush strokes; it may have been created by Photoshop. She later says that the image was created with “Apophysis and Photoshop” (so I was right).

Pam Amos: “I love to explore the creative process. Be it with canvas or screen, brush or mouse, paint or pixel, the process of art involves developing ideas by experimentation, and, by manipulating media, creating visual effects that are pleasing to the eye.”




2 comments:

  1. Nice find Kentha, her piece is strong and compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kentha- that is a beautiful picture. I tend to always look for flowers for most of my MOCA assignments. The colors used blend so nicely together. This definitely caught my eye. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete