Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week 6: MOCA (kheng2013)


MOCA website (Museum of Computer Art)

For this week’s MOCA assignment, I chose a piece called “Ocean Swell” or “OSWA.” This artwork was created by Valerie Anne Kelly. Though it is just a painting of the ocean water, I really like the combination of white and the different blues together. I most likely chose this image because the blue stood out to me and because it is my favorite color. The water and the waves usually represent peace, fresh washing, and free flow. Valerie Anne Kelly most likely used a specialized software for just painting. MOCA's site does mention that her work were done on a canvas with acrylic abstract paint. The direction of how the strokes move looks like the surface of the water. It reminds me of how you can stare out to see the end of the ocean, which is pretty cool. Below is the image:



1 comment: