Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 8: MOCA (kheng2013)


Week 8: MOCA (kheng2013)


MOCA website (Museum of Computer Art)

For this last week's MOCA assignment, I chose a piece called "Weeping Blossoms." This artwork was done by Ariana Bauer who is also the artist that created "Centerpiece??." At first I thought her artwork was good and didn't think too much about it, but after I grew to like her work even more. It may be because I'm seeing a little more of nature's beauty. Sometimes, you can't quite fully understand an artist's work and the meaning later grows on you. It could even be an individualized message for yourself and not always a message that the artist initially intended. The title of the image I chose for this week is kind of sad; if I had a choice I would call it "Waterfall Flowers" because it lays as a waterfall and there is no sadness to it. I think pink is a happy color and my mom would probably enjoy this display as well. Ariana Bauer mentions that her works is like "living somewhere between our world and an era long past." Some other meaning behind her work could be beauty, feminity, soft, gentle, calm, and nature itself. She created this image by "using a technique that combines meticulously executed photographs with digital painting." It is what she calls a "digital mixed media." Below is the image:

Interestingly, I like this display of work. I may not have assembled the flowers together the way this artist did, but it brings it's own feel in a old-fashioned, yet fresh way. The artist of this piece is Ariana Bauer. She mentions that her works presents "living somewhere between our world and an era long past." Her pieces is to take us on a journey into another time. She created this image by "using a technique that combines meticulously executed photographs with digital painting." It is what she calls a "digital mixed media." I agree that Ariana Bauer's creation does bring viewers to another time that may not be in the present time, which is pretty cool. This is a skillful way for her to get a way sometimes. Movies can take us to another place that is not in our current surrounding, but art pieces can do the same too. Below is the image:



1 comment:

  1. Excellent find... the weeping cherry is delicately handled. She has a fine sensibility about her.

    ReplyDelete